Guests must cancel at least 60 days before check-in to receive a 100% refund for all nights, minus a 8% processing fee.
Guests must cancel at least 30 days before check-in to receive a 50% refund for all nights, minus a 8% processing fee.
If a guest cancels less than 30 days before check-in, they will be charged 100% for all nights.
House Rules & Rental Conditions
We’re so pleased to host you and hope that you and your group enjoy all that our property has to offer. We ask that a few simple rules be followed to ensure an exceptional and memorable experience. As such, we’ve outlined our House Rules and Rental Conditions below. Please note that we are at your disposal by phone or via email at email@example.com should you have questions at any time.
● Check-in 4:00pm-11:00pm
● Check-out – 11:00 am
● All guests must be listed on reservation, unlisted guests, or guests exceeding maximum cabin occupancy will be charged $100/night.
● Minimum rental age is 25. Copy of government-issued photo ID required.
● No parties or events unless agreed upon in advance with the host (just ask, we’re pretty chill).
● Guests, other than those in the party provided, may not stay overnight in the property
● All guests are the sole responsibility of the renter
● Kitchen – Dishes, countertops, stovetop and refrigerator should be clean upon checkout. Remove all perishable, personal food items. Dishwasher may be left running. Additional cleaning required will be charged at $50/hr.
● Garbage – Please drop your garbage bag at the roadside dumpster. Unfortunately there is not recycling in Hocking County, but we encourage you to bring your recyclable items home with you.
● There is no smoking permitted anywhere on the property. Any sign of smoking (including odor) will result in an additional $200 cleaning fee.
● No firearms or fireworks permitted anywhere on the property.
● No glass allowed in or near the hot tub. If broken glass is found in the tub, there is a $250 fee.
● The Acres is pet-free.
● Fires must be attended by an adult at all times and fully extinguished before leaving the area. The registered guest assumes all responsibility and liability of fires in fireplaces and fire pits. Fire screens must be used at all times. Fires outside designated areas not permitted at any time. In extreme weather conditions, outdoor fires may be prohibited.
● No commercial photography/videography without prior approval.
● Missing towels ($20) will be charged to the registered guest. If you love them, let us know, we’d be happy to ship you a brand new one!
● This property contains exterior security cameras on the front of the house.
● Leave No Trace ethics – please leave the natural surroundings as you found them, which includes staying on marked trails, not removing any items from their original environment, collecting and properly disposing of all refuse, respecting the trees, wildlife and other guests.
● Amenities such as appliances, entertainment systems, and hot tubs may occasionally require maintenance. If you notice any problems upon checking in, please notify us immediately and we will work to resolve them as soon as possible. Availability of these items is not guaranteed and no rental concession or refunds will be given for time without these items.
● The reservation is subject to immediate and non-refundable cancellation if guests become disruptive, unruly, or unregistered guests are on the property.
● The registered guest assumes sole responsibility for any damage caused to the property. The Acres reserves the right to charge the registered guest for any damage to the premises or excessive cleaning ($100/hour) necessary resulting from your stay.
Primary Guest Charges
The Primary Guest may be required to pay for incidental charges and other fees incurred during your stay. The name of the primary guest on the reservation and a picture ID will be required along with the signed rental agreement. If any costs or damages, including but not limited to: extra cleaning fees, damage to hot tub,or unauthorized pets, are discovered during or within a reasonable amount of time after your stay, the primary guest will be charged for said amounts. No charges will be processed without prior written notice.
If applicable to your reservation, the security deposit will be used at the sole discretion of The Acres to pay for the restoration of the property to its original move-in conditions (outside of other normal wear and tear). Additional costs include but are not limited to: cleaning beyond normal wear and tear, removing excessive garbage, repairing or replacing any part of the premises, its contents, common areas and recreational facilities for damage caused after your move-in. In the event that said deposit is insufficient, you agree to allow The Acres to charge your credit card on file to pay the additional costs or we may send you an invoice that is payable in full upon receipt. The security deposit is preauthorized and is only used in the case of an incident that requires a cost to be incurred.
Repairs and Maintenance
We cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of heating, air conditioning, appliances, TVs, stereo equipment or pools/spas. Please report any inoperative equipment to our management team promptly. The Acres will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently. If an incident warrants it, a maintenance service professional will be dispatched.
NO REFUNDS OR RENT REDUCTIONS WILL BE MADE DUE TO MECHANICAL FAILURES OR MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS OF UTILITIES, MAINTENANCE PROBLEMS OR CONSTRUCTION IN THE AREA. WHILE THE ACRES WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO REPAIR ANY MAINTENANCE ISSUE IN A TIMELY MANNER, IT CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THE ISSUE WILL BE FIXED DURING A GUEST STAY, AS THE COMPANY MAY HAVE TO GO THROUGH HOME WARRANTIES. The Acres will always look for alternative solutions to ensure and prioritize guest comfort.
The fine print:
There are inherent risks of staying in a natural setting, including falling from a height, limbs/trees falling on the house or deck area, animals, insects, etc. These are risks that cannot be eliminated without changing the essential nature of the experience. All guests are responsible for their own actions during the course of their stay and agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless The Acres Hocking Hills LLC (management company, hereby referred to as “The Acres”) and Tree Bath Ventures LLC (Owner, hereby referred to as “TBV”), the property owners, agents and employees for damages or injuries to persons, their minor children, pets or property by reason of any cause either in or around the premises.
The Acres and TBV accept no liability and will not pay any compensation where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or collapse of building structures. The Acres and TBV will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any property left in or around a cabin other than as required under Ohio law. The Acres and TBV will not be liable for any indirect, consequential loss or pure economic loss (whether caused by the negligence of the company, its employees, contractor, agents or otherwise). The company’s total liability shall not exceed the value of this contract. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions may be read or construed as excluding any liability for death or personal injury caused by The Acres’ or TBV’s negligence or liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Ohio, without regard to conflict-of-laws principles.